Howdy! First off thanks for visiting my site and if you haven't noticed my name is Remy Martin. I've been called many things over the last 7+ years, Web Designer, Web Developer, UI Engineer, UI Designer and even a Unicorn. There is one thing in common these names all share and that is I work towards providing users with a captivating experience in one form or another ranging from web to mobile.
Lately I've been going by what folks call a Product Designer, which encompasses both UX + UI skills and leverages them to create products people actually want to use and are delighted when they do. I consider myself a T-shaped generalist but I do have a sweet spot and that's design in a mobile context. I'm extremely passionate (maybe too much?) about providing users with great kick ass experiences that make them smile so being able to affect how a person feels through design is very rewarding.
I have 2 amazing French Bulldogs named Kanye and Mary Jane that keeps me extremely busy. You can follow them on Instagram @kanye_the_frenchie
My Ideal Design Process
- Define and understand Goals
- Learn and Research by talking to users and conducting interviews/audits
- Start the Ideation process
- Sketch on Paper/Whiteboards
- Create Wireframes
- Visual Design
- Get insights and feedback from users and stakeholders
- Release to production for users to use
- Understand the impact and learn from it